Let's do the happy dance!

I just got an email from the Hot Prospects Contest sponsored by the Valley of the Sun chapter of the RWA. I entered this one on a lark as a deadline to help me get “Reina’s book” ready for the Golden Hearts. Well, as it turns out, my manuscript is in the finals! I actually thought I hadn’t made the finals since I hadn’t heard from them. Turns out the email bounced back and the coordinator just realized that I might not know. Cool beans! For this contest being a finalist means it’s one of the top three in its category and will go on to be judged in a new round. Also, the category I entered it in is “other” not “young adult.” Anyway, I’m pretty stoked. After the three rejection letters I got yesterday, it was some much needed good news. I should hear how it placed around Christmas. I’ll keep you posted...

1 comment:

Josh said...

Just dropping a note of congratulations. It'd be a well-deserved win.