Microfiction -- The Fairies did it

Ok, so this is a bit of nonsense I penned today. I have no idea where this is going, lol. Enjoy.

The Fairies did it
© 2008 Suzanne Lazear

I was being stalked by fairies. Little tiny fairies, with tattoos, body piercings, and attitudes. It was like Tinkerbelle went Goth. They were persistent. They were also making my life miserable.

Like right now. I was in detention because they snuck in my book bag and made my cell phone ring. Cell phones that rang in class were confiscated. You got them back after detention.

That wasn’t the worst of what that had put me through over the past few weeks.

But what could I do? It wasn’t like I could say that the fairies did it. Not unless I wanted a trip to rehab. But how much more could I put up with this? They tied shoes together. Grafittied. Texted my friends. Stole my keys. Made me late. Tickled me in class.

People were beginning to think I was crazy.

Maybe I was crazy. After all, I was seeing fairies.

The only problem was, I didn’t know why. It wasn’t like I could talk to them.

Actually, I was glad I couldn’t talk to them. Then I’d really be crazy. But until I figured out what they wanted, I’d have to put up with fairy torture.

They sure were annoying though.

Did fairies taste like chicken?

No comments: