MGBIAW Challange--Check in Day #2

Sometimes life happens.

Life happened big time for me yesterday...not that I'm complaining. Let's just say it involved a day-long meeting, engine failure, and a wedding anniversary. Needless to say my word-count yesterday was a big fat zero.

Some fearless leader, right?

But I'm not going to let that get me down. It would be easy to say, well, I'm all ready behind so why start. But this manuscript won't get finishing unless I sit my but in a chair and write. So, I'm not going to quit. Life happens and you can't let that get in the way of your goals. You just have to get creative and work around it.

This morning I woke up a half hour earlier. (4:30 am comes wayyy too early) and eked out 464 words. Not bad for only one cup of coffee. So, that's Monday's wordcount. Not the 2-5k I would have preferred, but it's more words than I had before. (You just have to keep saying that to yourself, lol.)

Today's game plan: I brought my laptop to work and plan on writing while I stare at the ocean...I mean eat my lunch. Maybe I'll even ditch dance class tonight (sorry, Gurlz, but with work I don't get there until halfway through class anyhow. I can't take a lunch and leave early, lol) Maybe I'll even stay up past my bedtime...(Okay, maybe not. I really don't want to admit it, but as much as I adore this job, it kicks my butt.)

But as Kerri posted yesterday -- "onward and upward."

Life happens, and it's okay. Just don't let it stop you. (and remember, we have a 10 day week, lol.)

I am amazed at every one's progress yesterday. Keep going. You're inspiring me. I keep checking the #MGBIAW tag on twitter and I love seeing all your posts. Go you!

If you're new, it's not to late to join in. Just sign up on Sunday's post and start writing. You can do it!

So, how did everyone do today? How many words? Was it easier than yesterday? Harder? Anyone have any problem points? Issues?

13 comments:

Suzanne Lazear said...

Okay, got 1084 done at lunch. Let's see if I can get more done. Have to deal with car stuff after I pick up the tot from daycamp. At least I have my laptop with me, lol.

kerribookwriter said...

Today's total = 5588

Me = happy dance!

Laurel Wanrow said...

You guys are doing great!

I'm at 500 net words and 3 1/2 chapters revised. Tomorrow I should move on to actual new writing.

Ivy Merwine said...

I only got 1047 today. Hopefully, I'll have good dreams tonight and wake up with more inspiration tomorrow.

Kristen said...

1588 done today, and I'm having a lot of trouble putting it down to go to bed. That's in the "good news" category, even if I do have to close up shop for the night.

mulligangirl said...

Sorry to hear about your obstacles, Suzi, but it sounds like you're plowing through them anyway. Hope things go better the rest of the week! Today was easier than yesterday - except I had my middle-grader read the first chapter to see if I had hooked her, and she kept having to get up and run to the bathroom with a bad stomache ache. Hmmm. Tacos, or my writing?

Sitting at 2,100 words, but with some good early edits.

Lost in My Own Thoughts said...

I'm up to 4,110 between yesterday and today! Woo hoo! I wanted to get more done today, but I ended up taking a 2 hour nap.

J K Maze said...

Hi,

2040 words done today. I wanted to do more, and still might, if I can stay up long enough. My new WIP is going so much better tha I expected and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Joan

J K Maze said...

Okay, I did manage to revise another chapter in my MG novel, which I'm changing to Steampunk. This is chapter 2 and has 1530 words.

Joan

Becky said...

Got 1000 words in today. Good job everybody!

Suzanne Lazear said...

Wow, look at those fab counts. WRite on, you guys!

Maureen McGowan said...

So impressed and motivated by everyone! I only eeked out 1057 yesterday. And true confessions... at least 400 of those weren't truly new.

The beginnings of books are hard for me. Need to just jump off the cliff and know I can fix it later.

Natalie said...

Sorry I forgot to check in yesterday! I did write my goal of 2K. Today, however I probably will not reach my goal to because I had a doctors appointment with the OBGYN that wore me out. So far things are still looking good with the baby. I only have 4 more weeks! Which means I will rest today but work all day on the computer to reach all my writing goals!