MGBIAW Challenge Check in Day #1

Wow, we have 21 people participating so far. That's amazing. I've been in meetings all day but I've been checking the blog and twitter on the sly and I am so proud of you all. I can't wait to go home and write.

I'm posting this now for all you east-coasters. (Do we have any international challengers?)

So, how did everyone do today?

How many words did you write? Any challenges? Problems?

I haven't written anything yet because of all my meetings. Today's also my wedding anniversery, so we're going out. But I plan to get *something* done.

Remember, don't sweat the deatils, you can always add them in. I like to keep a running "things to change" list. If you didn't get as many words done as you like today, there's always tomorrow and its more words than you wrote yesterday!

11 comments:

Becky said...

I got 2000 words done today. Yay!

J. Carter Mroz said...

Am at 1500 words right now. I don't know that I'm done for the day yet, but I wanted to check in before I forgot!

Elisabeth said...

I got 3707 words done today.

Kristen said...

I needed to do better, but picking up a manuscript that hasn't been touched in 5 years meant having to go back through notes and such.

I only got 1039 words in today, but it's something.

mulligangirl said...

I am feeling the jetlag, that's for sure, but I managed to eke out 1,00 words (low for me by any standard), but also a clear plot outline on paper - not just in head- so I'm happy with that. Good luck everyone. Happy writing!

Amanda Ashby said...

3k today, which I'm happy with since I've spent the last two weeks rewriting chapter one a zillion different ways! Btw, I'm in New Zealand so I'm sort of like a day ahead, but I'm used to working on US time!!!!

Laurel Wanrow said...

Wow, everyone, in the Ks. Great.

I admit I'm taking it slower. I did get the 2002 doc on a 3.5 discette to open in my MAC OSX and transferred it via text. It looked html, but I copied the text and it worked. I had 6600 words from 8 years ago, in 5 chapters with one chapter to go. So this is a pretty short MG, but my first. Needs one chapter to finish and I'm sure as I rewrite it will expand.

I rewrote the fist chapter, deleting and changing for a net of 300 words.

Suzanne Lazear said...

Wow, great job everyone. Hang in there.

kerribookwriter said...

My Day#1 Total was 1823.

Now on to Day#2...onward and upward...way way upward!

Suzanne Lazear said...

Yesterday was one H@ll of a day. Meetings, car broke down, anniversary, yeah. Not a single word written. I eked out 446 words this morning. Will take laptop to work and write through lunch. I'll put up the day 2 page in a while.

Natalie C. Markey said...

Sorry forgot to check in last night. I wrote 2k on my MG. However, this project really helped me in getting through my YA revisions. I used this as my reward. I love the writing process soooo much more than revisions! Good luck today everyone. My goal is to at least write another 2k.