MGBIAW Challenge -- Day #5

TGIF! It's day #5 of our challenge.

I'm about 13k in overall. About 1/3 of the way there...or not. I have a one-page synopsis, so I have a general idea of where I'm going, but otherwise I'm totally pantsing this, lol.

I'm starting to get really excited about my story. Like today I started to write about my MC's first day at a new school. Oh, she's not going to like it one bit--not with what I have in store. But it's certainly fun to write.

At lunch I wrote a whole chapter and didn't want to stop. But, it was time to close the laptop, pack up my lunch, go back inside and meet my deadlines.

But tomorrow is Saturday! That means I'll (hopefully) have lots of time to write over the weekend (and do laundry and such). What about you?

How's everyone doing on their goals. We're halfway there. Are you at a halfway point to your goal? (I'm not, thank goodness for the weekend, lol?) How many words did you write today? Any challenges? Triumphs?

Just keep writing, you guys. You can do it!

6 comments:

mulligangirl said...

13K - nice! I'm tweeting my updates. Yes, thank goodness for the weekend.

Natalie said...

I'm hoping for some more progress this weekend. I did manage 500 words today but I was swamped with other projects! I've had a few contracts so I'm afraid to go to sleep so I'm going to stay up and work some more. Hope everyone is doing well towards their goals!

Kristen said...

Well. I hope I get more tomorrow and Sunday. LOL Still, I got 1029 words I hadn't had before, and am now falling asleep at my laptop. Bed, glorious, bed. I've been waiting all week for this sleep. :)

Laurel Wanrow said...

I'm peeking at comments from a hotel before going to a wedding; obviously not getting much writing in today, but thought I'd check in and catch up. My day #3, Wed, was on par for me - 600 net words. But Thurs I joined the DD for a 2 day college orientation, and this am left for a wedding.

I didn't even bother sending *Life* a memo. LOL. You still did very well, Suzi.

Glad to hear other BIAWers sticking with it. I Plan to return to my regular programming on Monday.

Marilyn said...

I'm posting for days 5&6--got over 2K words total and am now past 11K. I'm so happy to be this far into the book. Good luck, everyone!

Suzanne Lazear said...

good job everyone!