Ready...Set...Go!

Good morning! The Book-in-a-Week Challenge starts today! Make sure you've signed up on the sign up page.

For those of you experiencing epic bloggerfail, just email me your sign up info (name, goal, etc) and your daily word counts and I'll post it for you. (or you can twitter, remember to add #MGBIAW so we can find it)

I'll post the first check in page tonight. Remember, shut off that internal editor. You can edit later. Just write. The point of this week is to get all those words out of your head and onto the page. It won't be perfect. You may have gaps in your story. It's okay! That's what drafts are for. Don't let the research distract you either. My story takes place in Ireland so I know I'm going to have a lot of tags in my MS.

You can do it. I can do it. We can all do it.

We're all going to write tons this week--even with everything we have going on. Why? Because we want it. And, well, to channel Candy Havens again, we owe it to ourselves as writers to give ourselves this time.

We can do anything for a week--and we have a couple of extra days because we all know life happens and I don't want anyone (myself included) to get discouraged. We're also all in this together, so if you need a hug, want to tout your awesome word count, or are stuck, just give us all a shout out here.

Okay, the Book-in-a-Week challenge starts now.

Ready...set...go!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds good Suzi! I'm ready. Good point about internal editing. I keep wanting to add more description and I know that isn't really necessary right now. Just the basics. Just the basics.

Suzanne Lazear said...

Exactly. You can add "color and flavor" later. Right now, the point is to get it all down and write "the end."

J K Maze said...

Is this where I'm supposed to post? I wasn't sure. At any rate, I wrote 2271 words in my YA, which already had 9310 words.

Joan K. Maze

Suzanne Lazear said...

Yay, Joan. That's great.