50k, bustles, and ruffles

So, I've reached 50k in my middle grade project. I'm nowhere near the end, lol. But that's what editing is for, right?

I'm at a really good part where everything is coming together and my young characters reach their darkest moment and have to climb there way out...well, bike at least.

This book takes place in a city I've never been to, so I have to do a lot of research and things keep popping up as the story progresses. As I was writing I texted my friend and asked her if the city was small and safe enough that three eleven-year-olds would be able to ride around on their bikes to the different places they need to go (the things you have to think about, you know, lol).

Meanwhile, I'm getting ready for the big RWA national conference in Orlando. I'll be on a steampunk panel. Just last night I picked up my outfit for the panel, which some wonder friends altered for me. I can't wait to wear it.

Now, I just need to finish my ball gown for the steampunk ball.

Um, yeah. I need to remember to buy some sewing machine needles. I really don't want to sew on eight yards of ruffles on by hand. No thank you.

And well, I still have to decide between two dresses for the Ritas. Decisions, decisions.

I also need to figure out how ball gowns, day dresses, hats, and bustles will fit in my suitcase with all my regular clothes (and still have room for all the books I plan on bringing back.)

Anyone going to Orlando? What have you been up to this week?

No comments: