Still plodding along

I'm still plodding along with my MG. I'm nearly at 40k and have a feeling that this story is going to be longer that 45k. But that's okay, lol. That's what editing is for. You can get away with 50-55k for middle grade, right?

This story has a lot of surprises for me, like hedgehogs who like smarties and purple taxis not everyone can see. It's shaping up to be imaginative and charming (I hope.) Now, I just have to figure out where the seamonster lives.

The main problem is that i have another project that has been drafted and needs some editing. That MC is getting a little impatient while I work on this and one of the characters has reveled quite a lot of his past to me (I never realized he played baseball).

In the mean time, I just have to keep drafting, lol. The other character will just have to wait.

Laurel, Kerri, will you be at RWA nationals? If not, email me your addys so I can get you your tiaras for wining the MG challenge. Any other winners out there?

Anyone up for a superhero challenge in August? A group I belong to will be hosting it, details later. It could be fun. :) yeah, like I need to be drafting *another* project right now.

Have a good week everyone.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Keep up your great efforts Suzi! Yes, please let me know about the August Challenge.