RWA 2010

I'm back from RWA 2010 in Orlando and sort of recovered. Though the mountain of laundry in the hall is daunting.

I all ready posted pics of the Literacy Signing.

But there was a lot more to RWA than that. This year's conference was amazing. I attended workshops on everything from social networking to DNA. I got to see old friends and make some new ones, as well as put faces to the people I "talk" to online. The YARWA chapter had it's first ever official meeting and my Steampunk panel went off without a hitch. Oh, and the books, I picked up so many amazing books, which made my horrific flight back much more tolerable.

Nora Roberts gave the best keynote speech ever. The moral to the story? Writers have to eat hard for breakfast.



I'd been terrified that no one would attend the Steampunk panel I was on, but it was actually standing room only. Here's a pic of me with fellow panelist Shelley Adina.



I got to see Leanna Hieber at the Steampunk ball, who in turn took home not one, but two prism awards for The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker.



There's more pics of the panel and the ball over at the Steamed! Blog.

One of the best parts of RWA, aside from all the great workshops, is getting to meet people you've only spoken to online. I got to finally meet the fabulous Cynthia Eden, who also took home two Prism awards.




While running around the hotel, dressed as Steampunk Cinderella, I did get mistaken for a princess...



I also got to hang out with some of my YARWA peeps, like Tera Lynn Childs, who gave a fab panel at the YARWA meeting with Rosemary Clement-Moore.



The Ritas/Golden Heart Awards is quite an elegant evening. Simone Elkeles won the Rita for best YA (she even let me hold her trophy, lol)



It was an amazing conference and I am looking forward to next year's in New York.

No comments: