You've been a good year, 2010

On the radio this morning they were talking about 2010 being "the year of the tiger" and that it had been a ferocious year.

I started to think about this past year and where I was last year this time.

Yep, I could go with "ferocious."

At this time in 2009 I'd just been laid off. My two entries for the Golden Heart had been disqualified for reasons beyond my control. I was having trouble finding work. I was getting lots of bites on my manuscripts, but no takers.

Then April 2010 happened. That was really when the action started. In April 2010, I:

1) Sold Innocent Darkness and it's sequel to Flux
2) Landed my super-de-duper agent
3) Found a job

Yes, this was the actual order in which things happened. Things have been nonstop since.

It's been a year of firsts -- first sale, first time speaking on a panel at a national conference, first time teaching an online class.

Yeah, 2010 has been an incredible year and I have a lot to be greatful for -- especially my tot and hubby who are very supportive of me.

2011 is "the year of the rabbit" and according to the radio supposed to be "slow but steady." Okay, I'll take that.

I don't have any new year's resolutions, per say, but since Innocent Darkness dosen't come out until 8/12, it would be kind of fun to sell another project and have it beat ID to the shelves.

Nevertheless, I can't wait to see what 2011 brings and I wish all the best to each and every one of you.

What was the best thing for you in 2010? What are you looking forward to in 2011?

No comments: