In Which Obsessive Mommy Strikes Again

Happy Consumption of Chocolate Day.  Now I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's Day, but I will accept a heart-shaped box of chocolates from the tot and the hubby.  I'll buy them each a little something, too, but we don't go overboard, or even out to eat. 

(My dislike of Valentines day steams from a high-school incident and years of being a dateless wonder.) 

Because of the tot's peanut allergy I'm taking a more active involvement in signing up for things for the tot's class parties. 

She is also a wee foodie. 

Did we make cupcakes?  Heart shaped cookies? 

No, we made 3 dozen chocolate dipped strawberries, using large, beautiful long-stemmed berries and three different types of chocolate (milk, dark, and pink-colored white chocolate). All at her insistence, of course. 

They didn't take as long as the candy apples, but it still took awhile, though she did the bulk of the dipping. 
I didn't take a picture, but they were beautiful.  Hopefully the kids will like them. 

It's Book Monday over at Steamed! where I'm reviewing the next installment in the Hollows series, Pale Demon by Kim Harrison. 

We're also having a huge giveaway with *five* copies of David Burton's middle grade steampunk story up for grabs. 

I hope everyone is having a good day.  Anyone have any plans for lack there of? 

No comments: