Burbank Book Festival

Over the weekend I did my very first library event.  I was part of the Los Angeles Romance Writers panel at the Burbank Book Festival in Burbank, CA held at the Buena Vista Branch of the Burbank Library. 

LARA panelists at the Burbank Centennial Celebration of the Written Word--Book Fair on Saturday May 7th 2011. (back, L>R )Anne Kemp, Robin Bielman, Suzanne Lazear, Dayle Dermatis, Christine Ashworth (front L>R) Jennifer Haymore, Charlene Sands, Christine London


.
In case you're trying to figure out what in the world I'm wearing, I did a post on my actual outfit here. 

I write Steampunk.  That means I get to wear pretty hats when I'm appearing as an author. :)

The panel was made up of unpublished and published authors and was quite fun. 

I was a nervous wreck, but I think it went fine.  The panel was well attended.  It was fun to get together with some amazing ladies from my RWA chapter as well as see all the great authors present, run in unexpectedly to other friends, and get a fabric flower made by the tot at one of the children's activity tables. 

I chose my outfit so carefully, obsessed over it actually. 

But now I think I need a bigger hat....

No comments: