Geekmoms, writing, mother's day, and stuff

Today I'm blogging for the first time over at Geekmom.  I'm not talking about Steampunk, or even writing.  I'm actually talking my mother's day tradition.  Come over and share yours with me. 

I'm running a Steampunk writing challenge over at the Writing Steampunk Yahoo Group.  It's really easy and low key, you set your goal, report in to the group as you can over the month of May, and we cheer each other on.  There may be prizes.  Come join us.

It's mother's day soon.  What are you getting your favorite mom? 

I really, really, really want one of these.  I know I'm not going to get one.  The hubby keeps mumbling something about it being a giant iPhone for the tot to play Angry Birds on. 
I'm crazy busy, and work hours aren't really compatible with the real world.  So, shopping is generally done on weekends (with the tot in tow) or online.  I love shopping online, I mean what did we do before the Internet?  I just select, click, pay, and it arrives.  I don't even have to leave the couch.  Needless to say, this year I bought my mother's day gifts online. 

This is what my mother-in-law (avid Star Wars fan) is getting:


This is what my mom is getting:  (mom, if you're reading this, it'll be there Thurs.)

So, what are you getting your mom for Mother's Day?  If you're a mom, what do you hope to get? 

No comments: