Whee!

After thirteen months, I have my contract for Innocent Darkness (and the sequel).

Yep, you heard that. Thirteen months.

It felt so good to pop that baby in the mail, like I'm all official or something. ~insert cupcake happy dance here~

Over the weekend I finished drafting the super sekrit project and shipped it off to two beta readers.

Hopefully it doesn't suck too bad. It's very different than ID.

Now that I'm done drafting that, it's time to shift gears.

I got great notes from my agent on my Middle Grade Elfpunk. Now to tackle those changes before I get my edits for ID.

Notes for the Elfpunk do including cutting words. A lot of words.

~Sigh~

I cut 12k out of this stoy to begin with.

But she gave me some good suggestions as to where to cut. So that's helpful.

So, if you need me, I'll be hiding in the editing cave. You might want to bring some cupcakes.

4 comments:

Natalie Zaman said...

AWESOME news Dahlink! xx

ladonna watkins said...

I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to read Innocent Darkness. Also, I can't wait to hear about your super secert surprise.

mulligangirl said...

Congratulations, Suzi!! I'll buy you a cupcake next time you're in Phoenix. ;-)

Suzanne Lazear said...

Thanks everyone!!!