I Read a Book

Ever since I could read on my own I've been a voracious reader.  Most of my childhood was spent hiding in corners reading. 

I still love to read, but I find that the day job and deadlines, and my family means there's not as much time for reading as I'd like.  When I do read they're generally books on my "auto buy" list, books written by friends, and steampunk books. 

The other day while cleaning I found a book I picked up at RWA Nationals in 2010.  I don't remember why I picked it up because the author wasn't someone I stalk converse with on twitter (or even a name I recognized), and it wasn't a genre I usually read. 

Instead of putting it back on the shelf, I plopped down on top the laundry I should be folding and started to read. 

I read.

And read. 

And read.

Until I'd read the whole book.  Which, I really enjoyed. 

With the exception of being on an airplane or on vacation, I haven't read a book in one sitting since, um, April?

I really liked just sitting and reading a book from cover to cover like I used to, and I enjoyed reading out of my usual genres and discovering a new author even more.

I think at some point in time, I will have to do this again--perhaps as a reward for finishing my edits.








7 comments:

ladonna watkins said...

Thanks for sharing, Suzi. I know I remember the days when I could just read.

Carrie Butler said...

Hi, Suzanne! I'm in your New Adult/Crossover group. I look forward to getting to know you. :)

The Golden Eagle said...

I love being able to read a book front-to-back, in one sitting. :)

Fellow Campaigner stopping by!

David Powers King said...

Hello, fellow campaigner! Stopping by to take a look at your blog. Awesome place you have here!

It's been a while since I read a whole book in one sitting. Something I should consider myself. Thanks for the thought!

rebeccaenzor said...

I long for the days when I could sit down and read a book cover to cover too! Wasn't that awesome :)

Fellow NA Campaigner stopping by to say hello!

Angie Cothran said...

I love finding new authors, what a great feeling.

I'm in your YA group stopping by to say Hi :)

Suzanne Lazear said...

~waves to all the commenters, goes back to edits~