Busy Weekend

I love to have one weekend day where I literally don't leave the house, except for maybe running to the store or something low-key.

That didn't happen this weekend.

On Saturday I was the afternoon speaker at the OCC RWA meeting. I spoke on Steampunk. They're a lovely group of ladies, and patiently bared with me. I'd never spoken by myself for a whole hour before. I actually had notecards (haven't done that since grad school).

Here's a picture (the stuff on the board behind me is from the morning workshop, not mine):


On Sunday morning I went to my own RWA chapter meeting, LARA, where my agent gave an amazing talk on professionalism.

Let's just say I didn't even get laundry done this weekend.

I'm still not totally recovered from my nasty virus. I'm still working on my Elfpunk edits. And I'm still trying to fend of the Shiny New Idea with a stick.

What are you up to this week?

2 comments:

Brenda Sills said...

Hi Suzanne! What a fantastic personality you have! I had so much fun getting to know you. I love that you dress up in that splendid black dress - even for presentations. How great to be in character! That's just the kind of thing I would love to do.

I'm a fellow campaigner - I'm not in your groups, but I wanted the fun of getting to know more writers. It's so great to meet you! You made me laugh when you said you are currently attempting to make a raygun to match your ballgown! So great! Congratulations on your novel coming out next year - can't wait!

Rachel Morgan said...

Oh my goodness, I can't imagine talking for a whole hour! Your novel coming out next year (which seems so far away!) looks interesting. I like steampunk...
I'm also a crusader - found your link on Rach Harrie's winners/donors post today :-)

xx Rachel