Challenge Check in #2

It's Monday and time to check in on your week's progress. Checking in makes you eligible for prizes. Did you check to see if you were one of Friday's winners?

It's also not too late to join in the fun. Sign up here.

Also, *amazing* news on the book front.  Innocent Darkness popped up for pre-order on Amazon. If you have a moment, could you please go tag it with "steampunk"? Also, if you want to read it on Kindle, make your you press the little button to tell my publisher that there's interest.

So how is everyone doing on their goals? Here's my wordcount so far as I chip away at book #2 in my Aether Chronicles series (sequel to Innocent Darkness).

Day 7     2467      
Day 8     1662      
Day 9     1195      
Day 10   2200      
Day 11   4750      
Day 12   1324      
Day 13   5152      
Grand Total so Far: 36305

Some days are good, some days aren't. I'm finding the sheer amount of research/world building I'm having to do is slowing me way down on those sections. I've written myself a character who would actually know and care how an airship works. Right now, she's on an airship, which means *I* need to know how my airship works right now to the repairs she's making on the engine. This has been quite the challenge for me (and I've spent a lot of time complaining about it on Twitter.)

Here's this week's check in form.



So, I've shared what my biggest challenge has been this past week -- what has yours been?

No comments: