My First Signing

Sorry for the silence, but my whirlwind trip (48 hours) to BEA left me exhausted (and well, there are those book 2 edits). I don't have any actual pics of me signing (anyone got one?). But I do have a few pictures to share with you. Like, here's one of me, at the signing, with Author Kate Milford's sock monkey.



I got the chance to hang out at Bookblogger Con and meet some awesome bloggers in person (like Casey Cassidy, Nicole from Word for Teens, and Sarah from Novel Novice, just to start).



I didn't see much of NYC, but two of my writer friends who lived there did kidnap me for a few hours and I bought cute steampunk shoes. (But wearing them at BEA was not such a brilliant idea. They're not broken in like my convention boots).



I even fangirled RL Stine (I loved his Fear Street books --anyone ever read those?)



Mostly, I was there for my signing.

 

Wow. Can I tell you what an amazing--and humbling--experience that was? I felt like such a rock star--when I realized that the *really long line* was for me, I was nearly in tears, the fact that so many people came out, for *my book.* (Which isn't even out yet).



I was so overwhelmed that I kept having to make sure I was spelling everything right.  To all of you who came to my signing, *thank you*. Thank you for standing in line, thank you for not leaving me alone with a stack of ARCS, thank you for making me feel like a rock star. I feel really bad for those of you who didn't get ARCs. I will be signing ARCs at ALA (Saturday, 9:30, Flux booth). Also, really, the finished books are better. ;)

Anyway, it was totally amazing and special. I hope to see some of you at ALA and RWA. I've got some LA local stuff coming up, too, like some free (and awesome) library panels.

Bear with me if I'm quiet across all forms of social media for the rest of the month. I'm trying to get these edits for book 2 under control before I dive into all the amazing stuff I have planed for you leading up to the release of INNOCENT DARKNESS on the 8th of August.

PS, for those of you who've pre-order the book, you can still email me at suzannelazear (@) yahoo to get a signed bookplate. To those of you who have, I haven't sent them out yet, I'm behind on mailing in general, so thank you for your patience.

Have a great week everyone!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I am so glad that you wandered to my table at the Blogger Con and I got to meet you. You are so sweet and genuine and deserved every single person in that line. Yours was the first book I grabbed on my train ride home that day. Good luck with second book edits!

xoxo
Heidi

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you!!! and my you are so beautiful too! @christmas1898

Gabrielle Carolina said...

Even if they lack a good breaking-in, those are rockstar's boots, so I'm sure they fit like a glove. ; )

Congrats, Suzanne.

Blessings,

G.C.

Suzanne Lazear said...

Heidi-it was awesome meeting you! ~hugs~

@christmas1898 - thank you!

Gabrielle--I think by ALA they'll fit great, and thanks!

Natalie Zaman said...

I am SO glad you had a blast--but sorry I missed you. Next time!!!! xxxxx

The Happy Whisk said...

The picture of you pointing to your name is wonderful. Makes me smile.

Good stuff.

Happy Writing :-)