INNOCENT DARKNESS Release Day is HERE!

Launch the cupcake cannon! INNOCENT DARKNESS releases today.

There is SO MUCH going on, and I know I'm going to leave something out accidentally.

RT Book Reviews gave me an AMAZING review.  I'm also their debut author spotlight! 

Harmony over at Radiant Reads is having an awesome contest -- go enter! 

First up, the online release party is live.   Join me at Bitten By Books for chat, prizes, and more.  We'll be there all day and into the night!



a Rafflecopter giveaway

Don't forget to join me on twitter tonight for #yalitchat at 6 pm PST.

If you live in Los Angeles, join me at Vroman's in Pasadena at 4 pm on Sunday for cupcakes and more! Don't forget to wear your steampunk or faery best!

If you live in San Francisco I'll be signing at Keplar's on the 18th at 7 pm, there will be cupcakes and a steampunk costume contest.

 If you live in my hometown, Tempe, Arizona, I will be signing at Changing Hands, the bookstore I practically grew up in, on Saturday, September 15th at 6 pm. There will be cupcakes. Feel free to wear your steampunk or faery best.

Now, on to the mushy stuff.

I can't believe this day is actually here. I've wanted to be an author pretty much my entire life. My earliest memory of wanting to have a book "in bookstores" was the 3rd grade. (I did recently let my 3rd grade teacher know that I'd finally done it and invited him to my launch party in my home town).

But I didn't really get the correlation between being published and completeing an entire manuscript until late 2006. I wrote INNOCENT DARKNESS in 2009. It was my tenth manuscript,the fourth I'd queeried to agents and editors, and only my second story for young adults. (Most of those first nine were pretty bad, aparently books need plots!)

So many people helped me get here -- books aren't written in a vacuum. First and foremost there's the hubby and Missy, who supported me. There's all the various writing groups I belong to or had belonged to, like SFFHOWW, LARA, the RWA, FF&P, YALITCHAT, YARWA, NAMOWRIMO, Candy Haven's Fast Draft crew, and those crazy folks over at the National Short Story of Romance Month.

There's also my critique partners -- especially Veronica who was there from the very beginning. There's Sandy who told me to query the people who'd become my editor and agent. There's Rachel and Reina, my teen dancers, who were there from the idea's inception and encouraged me the entire way. There's all the amazing people in the steampunk and YA communities and on Facebook and Twitter who helped me out, gave me ideas, and let me learn from their experience.  

I can't forget my agent or my editor, who took a chance on me and my fairytale steampunk -- and the entire Flux team.  I couldn't have done it without them.

Most importantly, thank YOU. I couldn't have done this without each and every one of you. Here's to many more adventures for Noli, V, and beyond.

Hugs and cupcakes to you all.

~Suzi

2 comments:

lisavoisin said...

Favourite book: Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

◦kyky™♥◦ said...

Hmm..Alice in Wonderland. I've read it when I was 8..