INNOCENT DARKNESS read-along starts July 1st!

Innocent Darkness Read Along!

CHARMED VENGEANCE will be released on 8-8-13! (Have you pre-ordered your copy yet? Also, you can enter to win on one here. You should enter.)

It’s time for a read-along of INNOCENT DARKNESS!

What’s a read-along?

Well, a read-along gives you a chance to re-read (or read for the first time) a book before the sequel comes out. It also gives you a chance to discuss it with other people, chat with me, learn strange facts and behind the scenes things, and win prizes.

Every week, starting JULY 1st, we’ll read a certain number of chapters. I’ll post the week’s chapter “assignments” on Mondays. I’ll even read some of my favorite parts out loud for you. There will be a place for you to comment and chat, right here on this blog (where you can win prizes). There will also be twitter chats on Fridays at 1 pm PST/4 pm EST #IDreadalong where you can ask me questions, talk about it, and win more prizes. Feel free to use #IDreadalong to chat about it during the week, too!

You don't have to have read the book before, in fact, if you haven't read INNOCENT DARKNESS yet, but have been meaning to, this is the perfect chance. We only read 7-8 chapters a week, so it won't be too overwhelming. 

You don’t need to register, however, people who do register, and participate, will be eligible to win the GRAND PRIZES (there will be other prizes weekly on the discussion posts and at the chats). The more people who register the more prizes there will be. A new prize will be added for every TEN people who register!

Grand Prizes:
1) Signed and Annotated copies of both INNOCENT DARKNESS and CHARMED VENGEANCE
2)CHARMED VENGEANCE Sleepover/Bookclub kit! (A signed copy of Charmed Vengeance, goodies, swag, and treats for five of your friends, including mini-top hats!).
3) Signed copies of both INNOCENT DARKNESS and CHARMED VENGEANCE
4) Signed and doodled copy of CHARMED VENGEANCE

So, here’s the schedule:

July 1-7th: Prologue-Chapter Six
July 5th : Twitter Chat 1 pm PST/4 pm EST #IDreadalong
July 8-14: Chapter Seven-Thirteen
July 12: Twitter Chat 1 pm PST/4 pm EST #IDreadalong
July 15-21: Chapter Fourteen-Twenty
July 19th: Twitter Chat 1 pm PST/4 pm EST #IDreadalong
July 22-28th: Chapter Twenty-One – Twenty-Seven
July 26: Twitter Chat 1 pm PST/4 pm EST #IDreadalong
July 29-Aug 4: Chapter 28-Epilogue
Aug 2: Final Twitter Chat 1 pm PST/4 pm EST #IDreadalong

Here's an awkward video of me introducing INNOCENT DARKNESS:



Who's ready? 

25 comments:

Katrina Marie said...

SO excited for the Read along!

Harman Kaur said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Harman Kaur said...

Can't wait to read it again! Here's my blog post about the read-along:

http://littlebookwormreviews.blogspot.com/2013/06/innocent-darkness-read-along.html

Caroline Foxwell said...

Been meaning to pick up a copy. This is the perfect excuse!

whatthecatread said...

Can't wait to reread this book! =^.^=

Nara said...

It'll be great to do a reread of the book! So excited :)

A Fairytale Ending :) said...

Yay! Can't wait! :-) This is our first read-along, so we're not really sure how it works, but excited non the less! haha :D

Lea Krnjeta said...

Cant wait for this readalong to start :)

Maliha Khan said...

can't wait!! :)

Nastya Paun said...

can't wait!

KaribbeanIsland said...

I just signed up!!!

Brenna Wildung said...

This is my very first ever read along. I hope I can keep up :) thanks for the fun! I haven't had the chance to read innocent darkness and I have been meaning to. This is such a wonderful idea! Ill try my best to spread the word! :)

Tiffany said...

EEP!!! I can't wait to start. This is my first Read-Along!!!

Stellar said...

Yaaaaaay! So excited for this! Here's the url for my blog post!

http://bookscoffeeandasleepykitty.blogspot.com/2013/06/innocent-darkness-read-along.html

MaríaT said...

I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait ♥

Suzanne Lazear said...

I'm so glad everyone is so excited! Don't worry if you fall behind one week, you can always catch up the next. :)

Nicky Leigh said...

I linked to my blog: djl316h.blogspot.com; can't wait for the read alongs and the new book!!! :)

Samantha Martin said...

Excited to read this book it really looks like it is going to be great! Steampunk and Faeries :)

Laura B said...

Cannot wait to read :) It has been on my TBR shelf for a few months and now is the perfect chance to read it!

Jen S said...

I love read-a-longs

Kayla Beck said...

This is totally a last minute decision, but I'm going to read along. Review pile be damned! :-D

Melissa @ Mel's Books and Info said...

I love read alongs and have had this on my list for a while. This should be fun!

Tiffaney said...

Can't wait for the read a long!!

Mindy said...

Never tried a read a long before,
It sounds cool!

Mindy :)

The Lost Lola said...

So excited to participate in the read along!