Innocent Darkness Read-Along Week Four -- Discussion Post #1 (21-24)

Here's our first discussion post of the week, today we're discussion chapters 21-24 of INNOCENT DARKNESS, on Thursday I'll put up 25-27.



Don't forget to join us on Friday at 1 pm PST (4 pm EST) on twitter for the #idreadalong chat. Also, you can use the hashtag anytime to talk about the book.

Okay, question time...these are just to get you started, feel free to discuss whatever you'd like in the comments below, just a) be respectful, b) no spoilers past chapter 24. You can also discuss on twitter #idreadalong

  1. The wild hunt...thoughts?
  2. Did your opinions change about Queen Tiana? How?
  3. V. His appearance at the palace. Noli's reaction. Discuss. 
  4. What did you think about the high palace?
A few fun facts:
  • The descriptions of the wild hunt (including the leader) are taken from faery lore
  • The garden descriptions were really hard (especially the fire garden) and I twitter-sourced them
  • The original plan was to have 5 POVs and include Charlotte and James and what happens when they go off, but by the time I got there, I realized that it would make the book wayyy too long
  • Tiana's walking teapot was a late addition, but I think I'd like to have one

Here's a video of me talking about the faery lore in INNOCENT DARKNESS:

2 comments:

Sarah said...

UGH! I am NOT a fan of Queen Tiana. But I absolutely LOVE James and Charlotte!!!!

Froze8 said...

The wild hunt...thoughts?
I love that you took the wild hunt from faery lore!

Did your opinions change about Queen Tiana? How?
I think I hate Queen Tiana more and more as the story goes on.

V. His appearance at the palace. Noli's reaction. Discuss.
Good Lord I love V. I love Noli and V together. I could spend all day on this alone. Seriously, best friends who become more. <3

What did you think about the high palace?
The high palace is very fitting for a faery story. :)

I really enjoy how this book pulls together so many of my favorite things. <3 Princes being number 1 ;)

-Kate Tilton
katetilton.com