Read-Along Week 3 -- Discussion Post #1 (Chapters 14-17)

Here's the first of this week's discussion posts.

Today we're talking about chapters 14-17. Please feel free to talk about it in the comments below or on twitter hashtag #idreadalong. No spoilers please!

Here's some questions to get you started

  • What do you think of Kevighn now? Has it changed?
  • The dream sequence in chapter 16, thoughts?
  • We see more of V in these chapters...what do you think of him and his actions/reactions
  • What does Noli's mom's reactions tell you about the way she was raised (and tried to raise Noli)
  • Why do you think the magic hasn't bound Noli?

Here's a video of me talking about the fairytale elements in INNOCENT DARKNESS:

One lucky commenter will win a book from the stash of awesome. You know the drill. See you on Thursday for the next post (18-20). Join us on Friday at 1 pm PST for another #idreadalong twitter chat.


2 comments:

Froze8 said...

What do you think of Kevighn now? Has it changed?
(I've finished this weeks reading...so... ;) )

The dream sequence in chapter 16, thoughts?
God I love these kissing scenes. ;)

We see more of V in these chapters...what do you think of him and his actions/reactions
I've loved V from the start. The more I learn about him and see him in this novel, the more I love him. Gosh I'm going to want to steal him from Noli if this keeps up ;)

What does Noli's mom's reactions tell you about the way she was raised (and tried to raise Noli)
I feel so bad for Noli's mom. This all must be hard for her. But...I'm a bit distracted by the boys at the moment ;)

Why do you think the magic hasn't bound Noli?
I always thought it was because of her will to go home but after the last few chapters from this week....


-Kate Tilton
katetilton.com

Color Blind said...

I don’t think that Kevighn has changed much. He is still very selfish and uses trickery on Noli to get her to do his bidding. However I was slightly surprised on how caring he was acting towards Noli.



Dream Sequence – Chapter 16, I love these. I think it gives a new perspective on V and Noli that we wouldn’t have been able to see otherwise.



I liked that V was in these chapters more. I am really beginning to like him. I think he is trying to be Noli’s knight in shining armor. I really like V and the more I learn about him the more I like him.



I feel really bad for Noli’s mom. I think life is hard for especially because of the way she is raised. She just wants to give Noli a better life.



I had some theories about the magic and Noli. I thought it was mainly because she was strong willed but based off of the chapters there is a different reason.

Ali @ Dazzled by Books