Read-Along Week 3--Discussion Post #2 (Chapters 18-20)

Sorry, there's no video again. Hubby tried to fix the internet with a new router and it hasn't worked right since.

Let's talk about chapters 18-20....

Feel free to talk about them in the comments below or on twitter at #idreadalong.

Some questions to get you started...


  • What Steven did in chapter 18 -- heroic or stupid?
  • What do you think the key does? Why is the garden there? Thoughts?
  • What dio you think of Queen Tiana?
  • Chapter 19 -- yes, there are lots of feels. Discuss... 

Some trivia:
  • Queen Tiana was nearly Queen Tiarna (I drove past Tiarna street every day)
  • Kevighn originally had an additional nickname, Kevighn Woman-maker (for all the girls he'd had.) However, that, and some of the other bits that made it make sense, got cut along the way, though I think it made it into the arc
  • Noli in nothing but her underclothes was a scandalous deal back then (and her underclothes probably cover more than most of the clothes we wear every day, especially when it's not cold)
  • Noli's middle name is Montgomery, her mom's maiden name.
  • "Dollymop" means "amature prostitute" though Noli uses it to mean something more  along the lines of "skank" or "ho"
I hope you'll join me tomorrow, Friday the 19th, at 1 pm PST on twitter for the #idreadalong chat. There will be prizes. 

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the difference in what was considered scandalous for that time period & our standards now. Lol I don't think I could've survived the Victorian era.

Sarah said...

I love the difference in what was considered scandalous for that time period & our standards now. Lol I don't think I could've survived the Victorian era.

Froze8 said...

What Steven did in chapter 18 -- heroic or stupid?
Trying to find Noli? I wouldn't say either. It's his job as her best friend ;)

What do you think the key does? Why is the garden there? Thoughts?
I actually thought nothing of the key at all until you asked this question (I figured it would just be something V kept to remind him on Noli). The garden is a mystery to me but I like it like that :)

What did you think of Queen Tiana?
She's annoying like most fae High Queens she is a threat to the characters I love. I'll be glad to see our characters overcome despite her whims.

Chapter 19 -- yes, there are lots of feels. Discuss...
God that was a hot chapter. Kevighn is so tempting. I can't blame Noli ;)

-Kate Tilton
katetilton.com

Color Blind said...

I am don’t think V is being heroic or stupid. He is Noli’s best friend so he should want to find her and make sure that she is okay.



I haven’t really thought about the key and what it may do. Now I have to ponder this. I like the secret garden, I am very curious about how it came to be.



I do not like Queen tiana at all. She was annoying and stuck up. She makes a good villain though.



Chapter 19, I still don’t know how I feel about that one. I liked how shocked Kevighn was about the necklace.


Ali @ Dazzled by Books