It's almost time for NaNoWriMo!

It's almost time for National Novel Writing Month, which is where, during the month of November, millions of people make themselves  crazy  try to write an entire book in a month.

Okay, they try to write 50k, which, for most genres, isn't an entire book, but it's a really good start.

In 2009 I wrote Innocent Darkness for NaNoWriMo. Which I sold, and it came out in 2012. In 2011, I wrote Charmed Vengeance and Fragile Destiny was my 2012 Camp NaNoWriMo book. So, now, I'm going to write book 4 of the Aether Chronicles series.

I probably will start a few days late, I've spent the past week and a half out of town for a family emergency so I fell behind in my pre-NaNo tasks. But I will participate.If you want to add me, I'm on the site as "sovereignqueen."

I'll also try to do daily check-in's here, so you can post your counts, commiserate, and get support.

Remember, it's only about 1666 words a day, which is actually fairly doable. I have vivid memories of writing 9k, on Thanksgiving, in 2009, while my sister-in-law's parents told me not to be disappointed if I never sold since "greater people than you have tried to write a book and failed."

Yeah, that was Innocent Darkness I was writing then.

Also, it's totally okay to "cheat" and use it as "NaNoFinMo" to finish a project or work on several projects.

Happy Writing.



No comments: