New Adult Scavenger Hunt

Welcome to New Adult Scavenger Hunt!

I'm Suzanne Lazear, author of the elfpunk THE SECRET LIVES OF ROCKSTARS which is about dragons, demons, rockstars, and mayhem. .

This bi-annual event was inspired as a way to give readers a chance to gain access to exclusive bonus material from their favorite authors…and a chance to win some awesome prizes! At this hunt, you not only get access to exclusive content from each author, you also get a clue for the hunt. Add up the clues, and you can enter for our prize–one lucky winner will receive one book from each author on the hunt in my team! But play fast: this contest (and all the exclusive bonus material) will only be online for 96 hours! Go to the New Adult Scavenger Hunt page to find out all about the hunt.

You are hunting on Team Purple.


 
Collect the lucky book numbers of all the authors on Team Purple and then add them up. Once you’ve added up all the numbers, make sure you fill out the form here to officially qualify for the grand prize. Only entries that have the correct number will qualify; you must submit the completed entry form by October 31 at noon Eastern Time.

Now, onto the author I'm hosting!
 

SF Benson


"I love answering the question “what if” by writing young adult and new adult Dystopian/science fiction and paranormal stories. I’ve always wanted to be a writer, but I took a few varied paths to get to this point—blogger/reviewer, customer service representative, receptionist, marketing assistant, cashier, veterinary assistant, editorial assistant… I like to think that those positions provided ‘food’ for my creative brain.

When I’m not devouring countless books, I’m taking care of my family, which includes a few furry members. At one point in my adult life, I had a household which included three Samoyeds, saltwater fish, a hamster, and three guinea pigs.

Currently, I reside in Georgia, but have lived in Michigan and California. My ideal location would be Michigan with southern California weather for Spring, Summer, and Winter. Nothing beats Fall in Michigan."

RESCUE: the Alliance Chronicles, Book 2



Zared Aoki is a young adult living in a world of hard choices. His whole life comes down to choices. Choose to live. Choose to die. Choose to love. He takes control and, in spite of the fact that he’s a marked man, makes the choice to rescue the love of his life, Tru Shepard, from a remote military compound where she’s being held prisoner.

There are a few obstacles in his way—she’s being held by her almost-fiancé, the government has a warrant out for his arrest, and there are people wanting to trade his life for the SIM card. The piece of tech, which holds the fate of mankind, means nothing to Zared. He’s not proud of how he obtained it, but none of that matters without Tru.

Zared gets help in the form of a friend, Asher Jones. That help comes with challenges—a traumatized Riza cadet, running from a crazed lunatic, and coming face-to-face with someone from his past.

Tru has choices, too. She can marry a man she despises, or face her death sentence. And then there’s a third choice, one that can change her life forever.

Holden Pratt, her intended fiancé, only sees one choice—marrying Tru, no matter how much she protests.

But all things come with a price. For Zared that price means either saving his future or saving his past.


Bonus Content

 
CHAPTER 35
SHARA
“Imagine a world free of sickness and disease. Imagine a world where everyone contributes to a better life. No more crime, poverty, mental imbalance, gender confusion, or prejudice. Imagine a world full of strong, intelligent, and capable beings. This is what the UN’s ban on human engineering is against. The UN wants to perpetuate the myth of imbalance being the best fight against discrimination. Let your voice be heard. Stand against this barbaric policy and demand a chance for true human design.”
(A message from the Centers for Human Advancement)
I ran my finger along Dr. Aoki’s butter soft leather sofa. Oh, such a heavenly feeling. She was fond of wearing clothing made from leather. One day, I too, would be draped in it.
            I planned to indulge in all the things I had never experienced. Everything I ever had was rough and functional. My room was straight off a small child’s Christmas wish list. I was told it was fitting for a young girl. So. Wrong.
            Dr. Aoki and even Tru got to enjoy a room which was an ode to luxury—a bed with silk sheets, plush cream carpeting, and even golden woodwork. I ran my hand across the marble mantel. The heat on my hands was soothing, mesmerizing.
            It was unfair to deprive me of such pleasures. I deserved them just as much as any other human being. It wasn’t as if I begged to be created.
            Yes, I agreed to help Tru, my Original, and I would. But I needed to think about my needs, my concerns. There was no way I was staying cooped up like a bird in a cage. I was meant to thrive, to enjoy everything life had to offer.
            Taa, I had to get used to calling her that, said I had to have dinner with Holden tonight. I did not appreciate what the prick did to Tru. I was told that what happened between them was consensual. But he took advantage of the situation. What I had in store for him… well… he wasn’t the only one who could take advantage of opportunities.
            I walked to the window and pulled back the heavy silk drape. It was so beautiful outside. A blanket of white covered the buildings and ground and clung to the trees. Snow. An immaculate landscape untainted by the cruel hands of mankind. I looked forward to walking outside of this fortress. There were so many things I wanted to do.
            First off, I would not be able to call myself Shara anymore. It would seem…what is the word…inappropriate. I needed my own identity, but one worthy of being Tru’s sister.
I sat at the holographic computer and did an Ubernet search. Amita is Hebrew for truth. Fitting. Shadia is Arabic for sings. Also fitting. Plus, I liked how that sounded. Tahsin is Arabic for improvement. I am an improvement on the original Truly Shara Shepard. Perfect. When I leave this prison I will call myself Shadia Tahsin Shepard.
              And what all did I want to do? I wanted my kind to have a place in this world without having to wait for an Original to be killed. We should not be a replacement for anyone. We deserved the right to speak up and discover our own destinies.
            “Hello, Shara,” It was Taa dressed in an exquisite purple silk blouse, black slim skirt, and shiny black stilettos. The woman had impeccable taste. Taa did not walk into a room. She floated in with her hips rolling and undulating. I wanted her style and grace. She would be useful in teaching me what to wear and how to carry myself.
            “Hi, Dr. A…I mean Taa. Everything taken care of?”
            “Yes. What are you up to?”
            “Nothing important.” I closed the screen I was looking at. “What should I wear to dinner?”
            “Tru’s very casual. You’ll find jeans, a t-shirt, and her favorite high-heeled boots in my closet.”
            I wrinkled my nose. “Could she not dress up a little? I really like what you are wearing.”
            Taa crossed her arms. “We talked about this. In order for it to work you must emulate Tru completely. Are we going to have a problem?”
            I plastered a smile on my face. “Of course. There will be no problems.”
            She frowned. “We must do something about your speech. You’re too formal.”
            I did not appreciate how this was going. First, I have to dress like a peon, and now I’m expected to sound like one. “I’m sorry. No problem at all. I’ve got this.”
            “Good. Don’t forget what’s expected of you.”
            I knew exactly what was expected of me. Unfortunately, what was expected, and what will happen were two different things.
 
 
Thank you so much for visiting me. There's a deleted scene from THE SECRET LIVES OF ROCKSTARS hidden someplace.  My lucky book number is 8.

Please enter my bonus contest where I have some favorite things of my MC, Bitsy, up for grabs. A mini top hat, glitter lip gloss and makeup, fake eyelashes, glitter nail polish (in rockstar pink), and a pink handmade stocking shaped like a boot.

a Rafflecopter giveaway



All done? Time to move on to Kim Briggs.  Don't forget to bring her a cupcake.

16 comments:

Dani W said...

I LOVE Halloween! Any excuse to dress up and eat candy! This year, I've got myself butterfly wings to pair with a black dress and some intense smokey eye. I'm so ready for the party I'm going to!
- Dani, @dani_reviews

stephanie said...

i dress up! usually LOL or go to some halloween themed party

Katrina C said...

Stay home to hand out candy and watch a scary movie!

Tiffay Franks-ress said...

Halloween is my birthday but now that I have kids I just take themoney trick or treating

Delia Chavez said...

I dress up and take the kids trick or treating

SnowRaven said...

I sometimes dress up and go to the local ice cream shop for a free scoop!

Meagan Ashley said...

We always have a fire and friends over. I usually bake Halloween snacks and mix up some drinks for the pals!

Irene E. Jensen said...

We don't really celebrate Halloween here in Denmark.
I'm going to watch the new Netflix horror movie (I don't even know what it's called!), read Sleeping Hollow since it's a short story, and probably watch Nightmare Before Christmas as well.

Gurlay Garcia said...

There's a decoration and other contests in the office. We give out candies to kids in costumes for trick or treat.

Christine P. said...

I take my four kiddos out trick-or-treating around my neighborhood. :)

Melissa Paschal said...

I generally have to work on Halloween so I don't do anything special. However, I do love to dress up and go to Halloween parties before the actual holiday. Thanks for being part of the hunt!

Kayl P said...

I usually stay at home, either binge watch Halloween films, read books, or sometimes I go with my relatives at the cemetery.

Alyssa Drake said...

I always take the kiddos trick-or-treating....love getting that delicious candy.

Diana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diana said...

We don't celebrate Halloween in my country-Greece
Must be really fun!
Thank you for the chance.

Raffle name: Artemis Giote

Katherine Adams said...

I stay at home and eat candy and have a scary movie marathon, and I do like to throw Hocus Pocus in the mix too.